Tummy Tuck Surgery and Recovery Process
A tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure that removes abdominal fats, which is usually the lower belly fat. It is also known as abdominoplasty. This procedure will remove the excess abdominal fat and skin and tone the abdominal wall.
It is major surgery, and if you are considering getting a tummy tuck, then you should know what goes on during the whole process. Anyone can opt for a tummy tuck, but there are specific eligibility criteria where people have to fulfill. If you are planning to get pregnant, leave tummy tucking until after the pregnancy. An eligible candidate also needs to be in good health; otherwise, poor health can set back surgery goals. People who were obese and had loose fat and skin around the abdominal area can also get a tummy tuck to smoothen and even the abdominal area.
The key to getting a successful tummy tuck is by investing in a professional, board-certified surgeon. It should be someone who has had years of practice, and it is even better if people you know recommend him. Before a tummy tuck procedure, a consultation between the client and doctor is mandatory. It is a serious affair because it is during this time that the client opens up about their medical history, their expectation about their body after the surgery, and the reason as to why they are opting for this procedure. During the consultation, the doctor will not only ask about these things but will also take pictures and show the client on which part of the body the changes will be made.
The clients have two options for getting a tummy tuck:
1. Complete abdominoplasty:
In this procedure, the surgeon will cut the abdomen all the way from one side of the hipbone to the other side of the hipbone. After this, the surgeon will proceed in contouring the skin, muscles, and tissue to their desired shape. The surgery will remove the belly button. After the surgery, the patient will also be fitted with drainage pipes under the skin for the next few days.
2. Partial abdominoplasty:
Partial abdominoplasty is performed when there are fat deposits below the navel. This procedure does not involve cutting the tummy from hipbone to hipbone, and your belly button will not get removed as well. It is a mini surgery compared to complete abdominoplasty and will take a maximum of two hours to complete. During the consultation, the doctor will advise you to quit smoking, i.e., if you are a smoker because tobacco and nicotine increase surgery risks and makes the healing process slower.
Eating a well-balanced diet is necessary to keep the health of the body up. Doctors do not recommend patients to undergo drastic diets and to deprive the body of minerals and nutrients as patients need to be in their best form physically during the surgery.
Getting surgery ready with comfortable clothing, toiletries, and other basic amenities is also advisable as one would spend a long time in the hospital post-surgery.
The surgery can take anywhere from an hour to five hours, depending on the amount of work that is being done. The surgeon will administer general anesthesia; whereafter, the surgeon will perform the incisions that are necessary to perform abdominoplasty.
After the surgery, the patient is bound to experience swelling and name. There will be numbness and soreness as well, which can last for weeks to months. It is also natural to feel tired all the time after the surgery, but that is a positive consequence of having major surgery. The doctor will surely prescribe pain medication to control the pain and the soreness. The surgeon may also put a patient with some antibiotics to help prevent any possibility of infections post-surgery. It is crucial to take care of oneself after the surgery because if the body does not heal properly as it should be, a second surgery will be required. This would do even more damage to the body, and it would mean more pain for the patient. That is why doctor’s orders should never be ignored. There will be scarring, but with proper care with ointments or oils, some of it can fade.
Tummy Tuck Cost in Vancouver, Canada
The average Tummy Tuck cost on average can be $8,500 according to the American Society Of Plastic Surgeons. However, it is better to keep your budget to the maximum, because this cost does not cover other amenities such as –
- Consultation fees
- Hospital room fees
- Operating room and facility fees
- Surgeon fees
- Hospital dressing gown fees
- Post-op medication fees
Some factors add to unseen expenditure, such as making trips to the hospital and other miscellaneous factors like that. And while you are at that, always go for the highest bidder. There are institutions that may claim to provide a tummy tuck procedure for half the price, and although cheap deals tempt everyone, avoid those. Go for one that is inconspicuous and the one that asks the standard prices – which are expensive.
If you would like to be connected to a local professional in your area (such as for a tummy tuck in Vancouver),VitalBar can help connect you to the right person. Click here to get started with a free consultation.
A half deal would mean that some setbacks are being made during the surgery, which would lead to more complications like an infection or unsatisfactory results. It will also result in long-term health issues, which would cost more than the standard cost for liposuction. So, it is better to go all out or go home in the first attempt.
Tummy Tuck Before and After Pictures
The left side picture shows severe wrinkling and stretch marks. No amount of exercise and diet would be possible to make the belly area smooth. However, the result of getting a tummy tuck is evident on the right-hand side of the picture. There is more definition in the belly area, and the skin appears tighter and smoother than before.
The next one is also a classic case of a tummy tuck. The left side clearly shows no contour in the stomach. It is entirely flabby, and the skin looks dented. But, the right side shows a toned stomach, and with further exercise, the person can achieve a 6-pack. Tummy Tuck Without Surgery: If surgery is not something you want to go for, then you will be pleased to learn that there are some non-invasive treatments as well.
- CD I-Lipo: For this procedure, lasers are used to shrink the fat cells. The lasers will target the fat cells and shrink them. It is not painful, and one can see immediate results. Depending on the procedure, a person may be required to come for more than one session, unlike traditional liposuction. A session will not be more than an hour, and the results are instantaneous.
- CD-ULTRA: CD-ULTRA is also another type of non-invasive liposuction procedure where the help of ultrasound is utilized. Ultrasound is targeted in particular areas of the abdomen, and it penetrates deep under the skin. It melts away underlying belly fat while tightening the skin in the process without harming the outer skin. This procedure also provides immediate results with minimal recovery time.
- CryoSculpting: CryoSculpting is also another way of removing abdominal fat. In this process, cooling technology is employed, which is computer-controlled. The cooling technology is used to target the areas with belly fat. The fat in the targeted areas is then cooled, which are then destroyed imminently. CryoScultping is excellent for providing precise treatment for difficult areas. A person will also immediately see the results, and the downtime is minimal with little to no pain.
- VelaShape Cellulite treatment: The VelaShape Cellulite treatment is an excellent choice of the procedure if one wants to target specific areas of the abdomen to remove fats. It is a painless treatment, and it utilizes a combination of infra-red rays, bi-polar radiofrequency energy, and vacuum to heat the targeted fats and melt them. The treatment also boosts collagen production, which is essential for tightening the skin in the abdominal area and also providing a smoother appearance. There are also other treatments that have a non-surgical approach to getting a tummy tuck. They may have different names, but at this point, all of them use the same approach, which are a laser, ultrasound, infra-red rays, bi-polar radio frequency rays, cooling technique, or heat, and vacuum. However, these non-surgical approaches are for those who are looking to treat some problem areas. A person who suffered from obesity before and has lots of loose fats and skin or somebody who is at least 25 pounds overweight cannot seek these non-invasive procedures, and the only alternative would be the surgical approach.
Booking a Consultation
If you are interested in consulting a doctor for a tummy tuck in Vancouver, please click on this link. Our team will get in touch with you to provide the best possible options available for you.
1. When is a tummy tuck medically necessary? A tummy tuck is considered cosmetic surgery. But in terms of medical reasons, a tummy tuck can be helpful as well. If a person was obese before and somehow managed to get the weight down, chances are, there will still be some loose fat and skin around the abdominal area. No amount of exercise and diet can remove those, and therefore the only option is getting a tummy tuck. A tummy tuck can target those areas and remove the unwanted fat and loose skin and tighten the skin around the abdominal area. Some people also suffer from hormonal problems, which cause a peak in weight despite diet and exercise. There is no way to control weight, and it poses health risks as well. During such time, a tummy tuck or, in some cases, liposuction is also considered.
2. How does a tummy tuck work? A tummy tuck can work in two ways, which are surgical and non-surgical. In a surgical tummy tuck, the surgeon will cut parts of your abdomen and remove the excess fat. A surgical tummy tuck is performed if a person is extremely overweight, and when exercise and diet have no effect. A surgical tummy tuck is expensive, and it takes a long time for the person to recover. The effects are permanent unless a person allows themselves to become overweight. A non-surgical tummy tuck involves the use of various factors such as ultrasound, laser, bi-polar radio-frequency energy, cooling technology, heat or vacuum, and infra-red rays to target specific problem areas and removes fat. These methods do not involve surgery and incisions and have lower downtime as compared to surgical methods. However, a non-surgical approach is not possible for extreme cases as these procedures are designed to target only specific areas.
3. Where to get a tummy tuck in Vancouver? If you are interested in getting a tummy tuck in Vancouver and have no idea where to look for it, please visit VitalBar. We have doctors, surgeons, and experts who could guide you where and when to get a successful tummy tuck.
4. Can a tummy tuck be covered by insurance? The answer is no. Because a tummy tuck is considered a cosmetic procedure, and most insurance companies do not cover cosmetic surgeries. Unless the reason for getting a tummy tuck is because of a medical reason and not for vanity, you can discuss with your doctor about it and the means to cover the cost of a tummy tuck.
5. Will a tummy tuck remove my scar? Getting a surgical tummy tuck will surely result in a scar. These scars are permanent, and unless you decide to laser the scar out, one can resort to other means. The doctor may prescribe various ointments and creams to apply to the scar. There are essential oils available that do a good job of removing scars with prolonged use. If you already have a scar before the surgery and if that scar is on the incision area, chances are the scar will be removed with the skin that the doctor cuts off. A tummy tuck can also remove stretch marks and scars below the abdominal area.
- A Beginners Guide to Hair Transplant in Calgary: Cost, FUE, Before/After - February 15, 2021
- Hair Removal Laser Calgary: Find the Best Laser Technicians! - February 15, 2021
- Facelift in Calgary, AB: Cost, Pictures and Information - February 15, 2021